Employment opportunity at the NRCF
Beaumont Consulting are currently seeking a part-time (3 days per week), Administration Officer to join the team at The Northern Rivers Community Foundation. This is a fantastic opportunity to work for an organisation who really makes a difference in our local community.
About the organisation
The Northern Rivers Community Foundation Ltd (NRCF) is an independent philanthropic foundation dedicated to improving the lives of those in our northern rivers communities who are in most need of support.
Established in 2003, NRCF (whose Directors, Associate Directors and Ambassadors are all Volunteers), raises funds through donations and community events and puts that money into ethical investments with the help of a professional fund manager that provides its services pro bono. Only the income is used to fund community projects.
About the role
The purpose of the role is to provide NRCF with key administrative supports that ensure the effective and efficient operations of the organisation. You will enjoy the autonomy of working from home whilst still having strong support from the Managing Director and fellow Board members.
As this role will entail having to engage with a wide range of people and entities including donors, businesses, community members, government and non-government agencies, Directors of the Board of NRCF and others associated with NRCF the suitable person will have strong communication skills and the ability to converse and liaise with people at various levels.
The role also involves undertaking tasks that support the promotion of NRCF and that enhance their reputation through marketing and community engagement initiatives as well as providing the administrative support for our grant giving rounds.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Prepare and edit correspondence, communications, presentations and other documents.
- Maintain and manage databases using software such as File Maker Pro.
- Monitor and manage website content information including the use of Campaign monitor.
- Use social media to promote the foundation through such mediums as Facebook & Instagram.
- Organising and distributing the e-newsletter as well as media/press releases, file and retrieve documents and reference materials.
- Maintain well-structured archives.
- Conduct research, collect and analyse data to prepare reports and documents.
- Organise bi-monthly board meetings, prepare agenda, collate sub-committee reports; record, transcribe and distribute minutes and follow up on action points.
- Monitor, screen, respond to and distribute incoming communications.
- Interact with ambassadors and volunteers.
- Support the board and the foundation in building stronger links and partnerships with the NGO sector and other philanthropic organisations.
- Assist the Finance Officer as necessary.
- Assist appropriate committees with organisation of fundraising events including advertising, booking venues, catering, invitations, guest speakers + other.
- Assist Grants committee by coordinating the Annual Grants round materials, reviewing and accepting the Grant applications and forwarding to the Grants Committee, liaising with applicants and grant recipients.
- Coordinate and supervise projects i.e. FRRR/NRCF Back-to-School initiative.
- Review operating practices and implement improvements where necessary.
- Maintain the organisations Compliance Register.
- Work within a Code of Ethics and in line with all compliances of the Northern Rivers Community Foundation Constitution, Corporations Act 2001 and laws relating to the Privacy Act 1988.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Minimum of 3 years proven high level administrative and clerical skills.
- Strong time management skills as demonstrated by your ability to prioritise a high workload and juggle competing administrative demands while meeting desired outcomes within designated time frames.
- Demonstrated skills in Microsoft Office, in particular Word and Excel, with the ability to create, update and interpret spreadsheets.
- Knowledge of databases, social media, website management and familiarity with Drop Box.
- Highly developed communication, presentation, and research skills.
- Ability to work largely unsupervised as part of the Foundation’s team; and with all levels of internal personnel, as well as donors and the general public.
- Sensitivity to confidential matters.
- An established home office and your own transport.
This role is available for an immediate start. Ideally you will work three days per week and please note that you will be required to attend out of hours events, on average once a month.
To be considered for this position, please apply now with your resume and a covering letter outlining your suitability to this role.
Beaumont Not-for-Profit has been retained to recruit this position so please direct all enquiries to Justine Dorrell at Beaumont Consulting 0414 584 758, email@example.com
Thanks to all our supporters!
What We Do
The Northern Rivers Community Foundation is an independent philanthropic foundation dedicated to improving the lives of people in our region who most need support. Read more >>
2016 Grant Applications
The 2016 Grant Giving Round will open on the 29th August and close on the 23rd September 2016. The application form and guidelines for applying will be available at the website on the 29th August.
How we Help Others
Since 2004, over 85 organisations have shared in over $130,000 in grants from NRCF undertaking social, cultural and environmental projects across the Northern Rivers. Read more >>